What is PopArchive?
- Philippine Population Data Archive is a data management system that:
- Preserves important Philippine datasets on population and other related topics
- Enables researchers, practitioners, planners and policymakers to have access to these datasets
- Encourages secondary analysis of these data by:
- Providing machine-readable data with accompanying documentation in standardized format
- Providing easy reference to variables available in survey data
What data sets are in the PopArchive inventory?
Note that access to these data sets are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and therefore may be denied by PopArchive.
- Census of Population and Housing
- National Demographic and Health Survey (NDHS)
- National Migration Survey (NMS)
- Young Adult Fertility Survey (YAFS)
- Philippine Study of Aging (PSOA)
- Philippine Elderly Survey (PES)
- Survey on the Socioeconomic Consequences of the Ageing of Population
- Abortion and Reproductive Health Survey
- Safe Motherhood Survey
- Contraceptive Prevalence Survey
- Status of Women and Fertility Survey
For further details or inquiries, such as variable lists, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I acquire data from the PopArchive?
- Data User Information and Request Form
- Abstract/Summary of Research/Study
- Adviser’s/Instructor’s Endorsement
- Data Use Terms and Conditions
- Medium of storage (if file is too large for an email attachment)
- Download request form here.
- Email (Subject: PopArchive Data Request) accomplished forms to:
Mr. Jeconiah Boongaling
PopArchive Data Manager
Prof. Maria Paz N. Marquez
How much do I pay for the data?
The data will be provided to data users FREE OF CHARGE as long as they agree to abide by the Data Use Terms and Conditions.
What are the Data Use Terms and Conditions?
- This authorization to use the requested dataset shall apply only to the specific request being made and to the DATA USER. Under no circumstances shall he/she pass the entire dataset or any part thereof to any other user. The PopArchive shall hold the DATA USER fully responsible for safeguarding the dataset from unauthorized access or use.
- Any paper, report, thesis, dissertation, or other documents, published or otherwise, emanating from the use of the dataset as specified in the request shall give appropriate acknowledgement to the PopArchive, as follows:
“This study uses data from the Philippine Population Data Archive of the University of the Philippines Population Institute (UPPI) and the Demographic Research and Development Foundation, Inc. (DRDF).”
- The DATA USER shall furnish the PopArchive with electronic copy and, preferably, hard copy of all papers, reports, theses, dissertations, and other documents, published or otherwise, emanating from the specified research, as soon as these are available.